Friday, 19 October 2007

Wahey Kirsten Francis!

Wahey Kirsten Francis for starting up a discussion/blog board for NZ LIS students!
Yayar - well my name is Hana and I have just left working with Kirsten and Emma (and co.) in Collection Services at VUW Library to start full-time with the Wellington Medical Library team as a "Collection and Lending Assistant" combining my two favourtie aspects of library work into one neat little title. I have been here on and off since I left school essentially, more on than off though.

I am currently on my last paper 72271 User Education and Reference Skills of the (undergrad) level 5 LIS diploma with the Open Polytechnic. Although it has been a roller coaster of a semester I have actually quite enjoyed this one and I sing Lynley Stone's praises, as she's so beautifully lenient as a tutor and she even visited me personally at work one day.

For my current assignment I am to evaluate a library's user education and IL efforts and initiatives and I'm going back to where it all started - Wellington High School library.

"Hi my name's Hana and I'd like to become a student Librarian".

It's the quote that started it all off. I'd especially like to say that Jane Shallcrass, the head librarian there is a gem!

Here's to blogging for NZ LIS students :) *thumbs up*
Churs,
Hana

2 comments:

  1. ditto. Really great initiative, Kirsten.
    Best wishes to everyone currently studying towards a library qualification. All strength and mindpower to you.
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Me too! that is, im another person studying 'Information issues' through open polytechnic. Blogging is a requirement for this paper, its kind of new to me. I set up a blog and gmail last year but now have been pushed to contribute something to it. Looking forward to it now that the scary paert is done.

    ReplyDelete