Monday, 5 November 2007

Hello from Hastings!

Hi all!

My name is Carla Crosbie and I have been working for Hastings District Libraries for just over 12 months. I work 20 hours a week in the Havelock North branch as the Community Liaison Library Assistant. My background before library work is 20 years in the book trade working for both Whitcoulls and Paper Plus - in fact I still work part time for the Paper Plus in Taradale. I love library work and am lucky enough to be able to use my marketing skills as part of my current job. I have a Diploma in Marketing, and am currently doing a BA LIS through Open Polytechnic. Throw this into the mix with both jobs and a family and I wonder why I sometimes feel I dont have a life?? Got to do something about that:-)
Anyhow I had a great time promoting our Libraries during NZ Book Month and was lucky enough to be invited to blog on their website - in very esteemed company I might add! Check it out www.nzbookmonth.co.nz You cant miss me - I'm the cheeky one, in fact my boss has started calling me the naked librarian...

1 comment:

  1. Gidday Carla
    We meet a couple of years ago doing that awful marketing research paper at EIT.
    I'm about 3/4 of the way thorough doing Open Poly library papers, and are looking at the Dip.Archives & Rcd Mgt in 2009.
    Hope you and your family are well. Great to hear about the career change.
    Regards, Linda Rosvall

    ReplyDelete