Thursday, 15 November 2007

Congratulations to Lorraine and Louise!

Congratulations to Lorraine (Te Rohe) Johnston who has published an article in the latest issue of New Zealand Library & Information Management Journal - Nga Purongo see p. 202-215

Lorraine's article is on "The Role of Libraries and Archival Collections in the Preservation and Revitalisation of Indigenous Knowledge: The Case of Revitalisation of Te Reo Maori" - and I think is a lead into her INFO580 project? I am looking forward to reading your completed project Lorraine - sounds really interesting!

Also congrats to Louise Rutherford for receiving the Emerald Research Project Prize, for "appropriateness and application of methodology" for her MLIS research (INFO580) for 2007 - Louise's study was entitled "Building Participative Library Services: How Social Software is being used in Public Libraries" This theses is available from the Victoria University Library Location: Central Theses (Ask at Reserves) Call Number: AS741 VUW A55 R975 B

Great work folk!

If anyone hears of other Library students publishing articles or receiving awards, please post to the blog :)

1 comment:

  1. Lorraine, and Louise, I am in awe of your achievements. Heartfelt congratulations to you both!

    ReplyDelete