Hello to all fellow Library and Info students
I work at Tai Poutini Polytechnic Library, in Greymouth, with one other staff member. I've been here for the past 4 years (wow, time flies when you're having fun!), and had worked at the Grey District Library for over 7 years after leaving school. In 'those days' I wasn't encouraged at all to do any formal study, but loved the job and grew in confidence and capability over that time.
I am working on the Level 6 Diploma of Information and Library Studies, currently 'Information Issues', with the Open Polytechnic. My manangers are really supportive (both financially and professional development time), and have encouraged me to continue from the L5 Diploma... who knows how long it will take to get my degree, but I am working on it - just one paper at a time is enough when working full-time.
I look forward to reading your posts - and maybe putting in my penny's worth every now and then!
Daphne
-
No comments:
Post a Comment