Wednesday, 12 December 2007

Intro

Hello fellow Library and Information students,

Thank you, Kirsten, for setting up this Blog.

I am in my third year of the MLIS at VUW, studying by distance. I changed career in middle age and have never once regretted my decision. After having spent 2 years as an "unemployed student", I have been lucky enough to obtain employment as a library assistant in an academic law library and after 8 months I still love my job to bits. The MLIS has been challenging, but rewarding, and I know that in the coming years I will revisit many of the things we have studied and gain even more from them now that I am getting some practical experience. The final hurdle for me is the INFO 580 research project. I think it scares most of us, (if we are honest), but the people I have spoken to who have come through it don't seem to regard is as such a big deal, which surprised me at first. I think it is probably like anything you do for the first time - the fear of the unknown and of dipping your toe in the water, so to speak, is probably worse than the reality of actually getting on and doing it.

I look forward to sharing experiences and ideas with you all.

Best wishes,
Caroline Anderson

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete